My First Post: Diet Coke Chicken with Green Bean Casserole and Salad

I really like simple dishes- mainly because i have a pretty busy schedule. However, i love homecooked meals. I suppose I am somewhat "semi-homemade". This is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. A friend of mine made diet coke chicken in while we were at Edgewood (Madison, WI), and loved it!




Diet Coke Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup BBQ
1 tsp A-1 Steak Sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 can diet coke ( I use diet pepsi because that is usually what I have on hand)

Instructions:

Lightly spray skillet with PAM and turn burner on low. Add chicken pieces and brown for about 5 minutes. While chicken is cooking mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken. Depending on your burners you may want to go to medium-low. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve Hot.

Green Bean Casserole (i was a slacker on this and used canned)

1 can kitchen cut green beans
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 TBS crispy onion straws (i used French's)

Instructions:

Mix all ingedients together except the onion straws on the stove top. Plate when heated and add onion straws.

Labels: , ,