My Aunt Cherry makes the best meat sauce in the world. No joke. I have been eating it for 25 years and trying to figure out how she does it. Naturally, she doesn't have a recipe (she's that good) so i have been watching to try and figure it out. This recipe comes pretty close-hers just has something special- but i think it is really tasty.
Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
1 lb extra lean ground beef, i like to buy 93/7
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes, canned
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pinch rosemary
1 tsp garlic pepper seasoning
3 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp splenda (you can use sugar, but I would use a little more because splenda tends to be a little sweeter)
1 bay leaf
Parmesan Cheese, garnish
-Turn burner to med-low and spray with a bit of PAM to a deep skillet.
- Add garlic and onion, mix together.
- Add ground beef to skillet and stir ingredients together.
- Add crushed red peppers, garlic/pepper seasoning, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp Italian
seasoning. Allow this to cook for about 15 minutes and stir frequently.
- Add tomato paste to mixture, stir well.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add 3/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp Italian
seasoning, garlic powder, bay leaf, and splenda
, stir well.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with Parmesan
Serves 4-6 (depending on how hungry your eaters are).