Campfire Potatoes

One of my friends introduced me to this recipe and it is yummy. After a few of my own tweaks it is one of my favorite side dishes when I am at our cottage in Door County.Ingredients
2 1/2- 3 lbs. red potatoes

6 Tbs butter or 6 Tbs olive oil (i have done both and they will both give you tasty potatoes), divided

1 1/2 Tbs black pepper, divided

1 1/2 Tbs salt, divided

1 Tbs seasoning (I like to use Lawry's)

1 packet Lipton golden onion soup mix


Instructions

Prepare and light grill. Wash potatoes and slice into thin bite size pieces.


Spread tin foil on the counter and overlap to make an t-shape. Spray tin foil with PAM. Layer 1/3 of potatoes onto foil. sprinkle 1/3 amounts of salt, pepper, soup mix, and seasoning over the potatoes. Top with 2 Tbs of butter or olive oil. Repeat this step for remaining 2/3 of ingredients. Wrap foil around ingredients and close tightly- you may want to use additional foil to make sure there are no holes.

Place packet on grill and cook for 45 minutes. Make sure to flip after the first 20-25 minutes.

We had the potatoes with grilled brats and coleslaw. Yummy.

Labels: , , ,