Green Curry with Chicken and Vegtables

I am a sucker for a good spicy curry. I have had this recipe on a note card in my stash forever and it has become a favorite in our house. I like to use a ton of veggies in my curry along with chicken breast, but it is also good with tofu or beef. In this batch I made half chicken and half tofu since my friend and dinner guest, Amanda, is a vegetarian. Enjoy! Ingredients
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup fresh green beans, cut into inch long pieces
1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, drained
1 can mild diced green chilies
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 can lite coconut milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam marsala
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Instructions
In a deep skillet add chicken and brown at medium heat till the chicken is almost done. Add all desired vegetables (besides chilies) and mix together in skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl combine: milk, chilies, and spices. Stir well and pour over chicken and vegetables. Mix well and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Stir frequently. Serve over rice.

Labels: