A Trip Down Cafeteria Lane: Tater Tot Casserole

I know what you are thinking. Stop. Don't judge. I love tater tot casserole. I remember eating this when i was in college on Sundays when my girlfriends and I had torn up a little too much of the town. I like to make this when I won't be around for dinner the following night because it makes great leftovers, and since i work late tomorrow night it is perfect for a E.R.M. (Easy Ron Meal) or lunch at work.


Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb lean ground beef (you also can use ground turkey)
1 can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cup green beans (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 cups tater tots

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown beef and onion in a large fry pan. Drain access liquids when beef is cooked through. Add beans, corn, soup, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well. Grease an 8X8 baking pan lightly with PAM. Add beef mixtures and smoothly evenly in the pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of beef mixture and top with tater tots. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.

Serves 4

Labels: ,