Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

I made this dish for Ron's sister Julie and her hubby Chad after they had little Drew. It looked so yummy Ron and I had to make it for ourselves. The picture does not do this casserole justice because it is so yummy! Enjoy!Ingredients
1 lb chicken breasts, browned and diced
1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar or colby cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup fat free half and half
3 oz 2% Velveeta, cut into small cubes
1 egg
1 1/4 cup water
4 cups cooked spaghetti
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbs granted Parmesan cheese
Butter, melted (enough to coat the bread crumbs)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Instructions
Mix soup, water, pepper, garlic powder, all cheeses, egg in a bowl, mix well. Add pasta to the cheese mixture and mix well. Add cooked and diced chicken and half and half to pasta. Mix well. Lightly grease a 9X9 baking dish with PAM. Add noodle/chicken mixture and spread evenly in dish. In another bowl mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly over pasta. Bake and 350 till sides bubble and top browns.

25 comments:

  1. wow this looks sooo good, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I think I might increase the reduced fat cheese and omit the Velveeta since I don't normally use Velveeta...or...perhaps I'll buy a jar of Cheez Whiz. In any case, the combination of cheese, chicken and pasta sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try this for dinner tonight. It looks so good. We love cheesy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good. worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made something like this before to take to a potluck, it was a hit! Think I will make it again this weekend only use the reduced fat items instead of how I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so comforting, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love to make for thanksgiving instead of turkey.gene

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will ttry this tonight. I have two of my three boys living with us now. They like casseroles. This looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks good. I know I will like it since it has some of my favorite ingredients.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of cheese! I bet my oldest son would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With all the different cheeses, this will be a delightfully different dish. Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect dish for a cold winter's night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds delicious. We love cheese! I will use whole grain spaghetti to increase fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the comments! Let me know how you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds rich but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just had our supper, but this recipe looks like comfort food. I'll try it over the weekend!! Thanks. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. O WOW three kinds of cheese and chicken.....I'm there!

    deakin_family@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is something I will want to try. Marilyn C

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo Spaghetti Casserole! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband says anything with cheese is good and more cheese it is even better.
    Judyb

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love cheese so this is right up my alley,I would use
    differant noodles though ,

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds great...I'm gonna give it a try...thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete