Creamy Chicken Ham Potato and Corn Chowder

I really love corn chowder, but pretty unhealthy so I never make it. However, I really wanted a bowl of this yummy soup today. After rummaging my pantry, I added and subtracted a few things and made my old favorite much more calorie friendly. This one is a keeper- Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup lean ham steak, diced
2 cups golden potatoes, diced
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 large onion, diced
1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup fat free half and half
1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Instructions
Lightly coat a medium soup kettle with PAM. Add potatoes, onion, chicken, and ham to a kettle. Saute at med-low heat for about 15 minutes- stirring frequently. Turn heat to low. Add soup, corn, cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder. Stir well. Add half and half. Stir well. Add water. Stir well. Cook on low for about 2 hours. You can cook this at a higher temperature, but be sure to stir more often so the

Labels: , ,