Spinach and Artichoke Dip Crockpot Chicken

I am a huge fan of spinach and artichoke dip! This recipe came about when I was trying to put together an orange sweet potato crockpot dish, and I forgot to buy sweet potatoes! I had to leave for work and had minutes to improvise. Grabbing what I had on hand I came up with this dish. I was rather nervous because the dish was thrown together so quickly. However, I was not disappointed- it was yummy! Ron loved the dish too. I guess sometimes favorites are created on the fly!

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

2/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed

2/3 cup canned artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

1/2 cup pearl onions, halved

1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese

1 1/4 cup water

1 Tlb minced garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions
Lightly grease crockpot with PAM. Place chicken breasts into crockpot. In a separate bowl, mix soup, spinach, artichokes, onions, cheese, sour cream, water, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken breasts. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 7-8 hours. Stir in mozzarella cheese right before you are ready to eat. Serve over pasta or rice.

Labels: , ,