Caramels Part 2

My second attempt at caramels with a new recipe. The previous caramels, while tasting great, were not as soft as I wanted. I did more searching and found this recipe. It had good reviews and I figured it was worth a shot. I liked these a lot more and the recipe was easier! Enjoy!
Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup evaporated milk
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cup butter
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla

Instructions
Grease a 12x15 inch pan. In a medium-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) remove the pot from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and let the mixture cool completely. When cooled cut the caramel and roll. Wrap them in wax paper for storage.

Labels: ,