Creamy Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and White Beans

I really like Trader Joe's chicken sausage. They come in so many different flavors it is great for new recipes. I had a package of Sweet Basil & Pesto in the freezer and knew I couldn't wait for a grill to try those suckers out. This recipe seemed to come together as I cooked. I have seen a few different recipes mix beans with pasta and I thought I would give that a shot as well. We really like how this turned out! Now what to do with the mango chicken sausage waiting in the freezer.... hmm.... Enjoy!
Ingredients
4 Sweet Basil & Pesto Chicken Sausage Links (you can use whatever you have on hand), sliced
4 cups cooked pasta
1/4 cup pesto
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/3 cup pinenuts
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup reduced fat mayo
1 can great norther beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbl water
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 roma tomato, chopped
Parmesan for garnish
Instructions
Saute sausage, garlic, onion, and pinenuts in a large skillet. Cook pasta while sausage is cooking. In a small bowl, mix pesto, sour cream, mayo, water, and pepper. Add beans to skillet with sausage. Allow mixture to warm on low. Once it is warmed add pesto mixture. Stir well. Continue to warm on stove and add pasta. Stir well. Make sure pasta is warmed through. Plate and garnish with tomatoes, pinenuts, and parmesan.

Labels: , , , ,