Tuscan Chicken Simmer

I have been on a bit of a pesto kick lately. I found this recipe on the Kraft website and wanted to give it a try. I was really yummy. I liked the combination of pesto and tomato. Yum. It is super easy and quick- which is great for a weekend. I served the chicken with a little pasta, but you could sub in veggie, rice, or a nice salad. I also scaled down the amount of cheese topping (the original called for one cup) Enjoy!

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions
Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Add cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to skillet. Cook, uncovered, on medium heat 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Return chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 min. or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Labels: , ,