Beef Tacos with Spicy Homemade Taco Seasoning

I can't believe it has taken me this long to make my own taco seasoning. Slacker. Lazy lazy slacker. I searched around for a flavorful recipe that could pack a punch. I finally found this recipe at A Hint of Honey. That blog has wonderful recipes, and I can't wait to try more. Anyways, this recipe makes a mean taco. Nice and spicy. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 lb. lean ground beef

1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

1/2 cup water

1 recipe taco seasoning (see below)

Taco Seasoning:

1 Tbsp. chili powder

1 1/2 tsp. cumin

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. onion powder

1/4 tsp. dried Mexican oregano (or regular oregano)

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. black pepper

Instructions

Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Set aside. Preheat large skillet over medium heat and cook beef until browned. Drain the fat. Stir in the flour and seasoning mix to coat. Pour in the water, bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook several minutes until thickened and most of the water has evaporated. Serve warm with soft or hard tortillas, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, and sliced black olives.

Labels: ,