Chicken with Chile Cheese Rice

Sometimes chunks of chicken in a dish can be hit or miss for me. I really like shredded chicken. This recipe is modified from the original recipe, and is absolutely delicious. I shredded my chicken rather than cut it into chunks, and I used only two jalapenos. I loved this recipe and it re-heats really well. I will defiantly be making this one again! Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 medium onion, chopped
2 small jalapenos, diced
4 gloves of garlic, minced
2 1/2 cup chicken broth
3 can (about 13 1/2 oz) mild diced green chiles
1 cup reduced fat colby jack cheese
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup uncooked brown rice

Instructions
Boil chicken in water and shred when completely cooked. Set aside. Spray large skillet with PAM. Add onion, garlic, and jalapenos to pan. Set heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute more, then pour in broth and bring to a boil. Boil rice 5 minutes, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pan, and cook 20 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and cook until rice is tender, liquid is absorbed, and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in chiles, cheese, and cilantro until cheese is melted. Garnish with a sour cream and chopped cilantro.

Labels: , ,