Grilled Strawberry Balsamic Chicken and Grilled Onion Packets

Time for a double post! I have a lot of different thing to post this week, and very little time! Why not kill two birds with one stone? Sounds good to me. I love the combo of strawberries and balsamic. To top off the chicken I decided that I needed to wrap it in a slice of bacon. Perfection....sigh.... This maybe a new favorite chicken grilling sauce. Yum. On two recipe number two! I love sauteed onions. However, I wanted to try something a little different, and it was great! I used a chicken bouillon cube with this onion, however next time I would love to try beef to get that yummy french onion soup flavor. Enjoy!

Grilled Strawberry Balsamic Chicken


Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 strawberries (green tops off!), mashed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used a 16 year)
1 shallot, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp honey
4 strips center cut bacon

Instructions
Mix all ingredients except chicken and bacon in a medium bowl. Pour marinade into a ziplock bag. Add chicken. Allow meat to marinate for about an hour. Remove chicken from bag and wrap with bacon (secure with a toothpick if necessary). Grill till chicken is cooked through completely.


Grilled Onion Packet
Ingredients
1 large sweet onion
1 bouillon cube (chicken or beef)
2 T butter
salt and black pepper

Instructions
Peel onion and cut out a small pocket in the center for the bouillon cube. Place bouillon cube in packet. Top with butter, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap onion in tin foil twisting at the top to form a point. Grill on medium-low heat for about 35-45 minutes depending on grill heat.

Labels: , ,