Chicken (Or Leftover Turkey!) and Rice Soup

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had a great holiday. I am thankful for my family, my boyfriend, my friends, my cats, my immersion blender, blue cheese, pickles, Glee, my health, hot chocolate, and soup. especially this awesome soup! This is a great way to use up leftover turkey, and it freezes well! Good luck to those braving the stores today- I was already out this morning, and found a coffee grinder for $7! Enjoy the soup!
Ingredients

2 lbs bone-in chicken breasts (skin removed)
Bouillon (I use better than bouillon paste. If you use cubes I would use 5-6)
Water (enough to cover chicken- you may add more as you go)
1 lb carrots, sliced
2 cups celery, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup green beans, chopped into large pieces
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp celery salt
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice (I used brown)

Instructions
Place chicken breasts in your soup pot. In a separate bowl, mix bouillon paste with water and pour over chicken. If you do not use the paste, add regular water and cubes to pot. Simmer chicken until it begins to fall apart. Remove chicken from broth and shred. Add shredded chicken to broth. Add all veggies and spices. Stir well. You may want to add a little extra water at this point. Cook med-low till veggies are tender. Add rice and simmer till rice is tender.

Labels: , ,