Root Beer Glazed Pork Chops

For the life of me I don't remember where I found the original recipe. I made cola glazed ham and chicken before, but this sounded great. My other half loves root beer so I knew this dinner would be an enthusiastic thumbs up. This glaze is yummy. I added a little hot sauce to the original recipe to give it a sweet, but spicy kick. I am so sad that grilling season is leaving us soon (it gets difficult to lug the grill out in half a foot or snow). Boo. Come back soon summer!! Enjoy the chops!
Ingredients
2 pork chops
1 1/2 can of root beer
1/2 cup beef stock
1 Tbl brown sugar
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch of salt

Instructions
Place pork chops in a medium bowl and pour half the root beer over the chops. Let the chops rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Remove and season with salt and pepper. Add remaining root beer, stock, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire to a sauce pan. Allow mixture to reduce on the stove (this may take awhile- mine took about 20-25 minutes). The sauce will have the consistency of maple syrup. When sauce is almost done begin to grill the pork. Just before the pork is done brush sauce on each side to finish. Drizzle remainder of the sauce on the pork chops, and enjoy!

Labels: ,