Christmas Dinner, Part 3: Burgundy Mushrooms

This might be one of the yummiest things ever. I could eat this bowl and nothing else and be happy. I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman's website. Her picture is better than mine- I had a little trouble getting a good one. I am so happy we tried these wonderful little things. They have to cook for 8-9 hours so if you make them be prepared to start early, and to have your house smell delicious all day. It is a great set it and forget it recipe and a must try! Enjoy!
Ingredients
4 pounds White Button Mushrooms
2 sticks Butter (Just do it)
1-½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 liter Burgundy Wine (I used a Cabernet)
1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
2 cups Boiling Water
4 whole Chicken Bouillon Cubes
4 whole Beef Bouillon Cubes
1 teaspoon Dill Seed
5 cloves Garlic, Peeled (I left this out- my Mom and Sister are allergic)
2 teaspoons Salt (I didn't add salt)

Instructions
Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and throw them into a large stockpot. Add all the remaining ingredients except the salt. Stir to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for six hours. Remove the lid, then continue cooking, uncovered, for three hours.
Add salt to taste at the end if desired. The mushrooms will be very dark in color. Simmer until needed. Server straight from the pot or in a serving bowl.

Labels: , ,