Jalapeno Popper Chicken Skillet

This dish was inspired by a chicken dish I had at a restaurant in Green Bay awhile back. It almost reminded me of a jalapeno popper. I needed to make my own twist. This dish is super easy and tastes great. It is pretty spicy so depending on your tolerance you can ease back on the jalapeno- or add more if you want a bigger bang! I am off to Washington, D.C. for a few days- see you later and enjoy!
Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
1 onion, chopped
1 large jalapeno, stemmed and sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
2 oz cream cheese
1/8 cup sour cream
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
splash of white wine (optional)
1 Tbl olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin

Instructions
Saute onions and jalapenos in olive oil in a large rimmed skillet. While vegetables and cooking season chicken with salt and pepper. When vegetables are tender add wine, tomatoes, cumin, and broth. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to medium heat and add the chicken. Simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Serve over rice or pasta.

Labels: , ,