Tilapia with Peppers, Olives, and Capers

This dish was inspired by one of my favorite dishes to order at one of my favorite restaurants- Cafe Mario in Green Bay. I am not sure how Mario makes his grouper, but I think I came pretty close with this recreation. I am a big fan of olives so anything you put them in I will probably love. This is really simple, but has big flavors. I think it is best served with a nice salad and another green veggie. Delicious. Enjoy!
Ingredients
4 6-8 oz Tilapia fillets (or grouper)
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
1 red bell pepper, julienned and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 shallot, finely diced
1 1/2 Tbl capers
2 Tbl italian parsley
3 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl butter
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
flour (about 1/8 to 1/4 cup for dredging)
salt and pepper


Instructions
Saute olives, shallots, peppers, capers, and lemon with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet. Sprinkle tilapia lightly with salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour so it is lightly covered. When peppers begin to soften, heat a large skillet to medium. Add remaining olive oil and butter in pan and add fish once pan has heated. Cook tilapia over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and top with olive sauce and parsley. Serve with a fresh salad and veggies.

Labels: , ,