Brat Bruschetta- Tomato Bowl 2011

A Packer game without brats is not an option. However, the weather in good ol' Green Bay has been a bit too testy for any grilling. Since I am a snot and like my brat grilled to perfection, I needed to improvise. While I was thinking of what to make I saw these cute garlic toasties at my store. Perfect! I think these little guys are delicious. The mustard and cheese give just the right kick, and anytime my kitchen smells like brats is a good day. Enjoy!

Also, check out Red Gold Tomatoes on Facebook for more contest details, and posts from my fellow bloggers!
Ingredients
2 of your favorite brats, casing removed and crumbled
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 tsp spicy brown mustard
2 Tbl beer (use Capitol Supper Club)
2/3 cup Red Gold diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp black pepper
Garlic Toasties or you can use any sliced crusty bread

Instructions
Saute brat meat, beer, onions, and tomato over medium heat. Use a heavy spoon to break up the crumbled brat meat. When meat is cooked remove from heat and set aside.

Mix ricotta, cheddar, mustard, and black pepper. Spread ricotta mixture on garlic toasties. Top with meat and tomato mixture and serve.

Makes about 10.

Labels: , , , ,