Pizza Dip- Tomato Bowl 2011

This is a yummy dip that Ron's awesome sister Julie makes for our family get togethers. I thought it was a perfect addition to the Tomato Bowl. Red Gold doesn't make a pizza sauce (that I could find) so it was a perfect opportunity to play around, and make my own. This is a really great dip, and will satisfy the taste buds of everyone (even any picky eaters you may have in the crowd). I used turkey pepperoni, but Julie found these adorable mini pepperoni for her dip. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them while I was out Tomato Bowl shopping. Depending on your pizza preference, you can load this up with veggie to make an even more supreme appetizer. Enjoy!
Ingredients
1 can Red Gold basil, garlic, oregano diced tomatoes
12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup turkey pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbl italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder

Instructions
Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.

Blend (I use an immersion blender) tomatoes, salt, italian seasoning, and onion powder till smooth. Spread cream cheese into a pie plate. Spoon pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Top with mozzarella. Place pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese. Bake till bubbly and hot (about 20-25 minutes).

Labels: , , , ,