Crockpot Jambalaya

I love finding great new crockpot recipe for our busy weeknights. My usual day consists of yoga, work (not complaining! I absolutely love my job!), gym with my baby sister (she really isn't a baby unless a baby can do the splits on a TRX) or volleyball, and home to make dinner or out with family or friends. Whew.... I know it sounds a bit boring, but I love it. I found this recipe on Sage Trifle and knew I needed to try it. In addition to being on a shrimp kick it has sausage (well chicken sausage in this case) which is always a plus in my book. Enjoy! Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp cayanne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 lb chicken andouille sausage, sliced
1 quart canned diced tomatoes in their juice
1 lb cooked shrimp

Instructions
Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic to crockpot. Add all spices and herbs. Add chicken stock and stir well. Cover the mixture with sausage and then tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Add the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time. Serve with rice.

Labels: , , ,