Grilled Pork Chops with Blackberry Pinot Noir Sauce

I love blackberries. There is something so irresistible about a bowl full of juicy ripe berries. I also feel that way about a glass of wine. I wonder if that is a bad thing? Probably not. Anyways, I stumbled upon this recipe in an old issue of Cuisine At Home. I think other people have been reading their old recipe magazines that they refuse to throw away because I have seen similar recipes popping up in the blog world. I made a few different additions and tweaks to this recipe, and did it turn out great! I love the sauce, and even went back to spoon a bit more on my chop. This is a wonderful easy, yet impressive, dish for your summer barbecue. Enjoy!

Grilled Pork Chops with Blackberry Pinot Noir Sauce
adapted from Cuisine At Home

4 boneless pork chops
1/2 white onion, finely diced
1/2 tsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 cup pinot nor
1 cup fresh blackberries, divided
1 tsp sugar

Instructions
Place pork chops on a plate and season with salt and black pepper.

Add onion, butter, salt, pepper, thyme , and chicken stock to a sauce pan and simmer 6-8 minutes. Add wine, 3/4 cup blackberries, and sugar. Simmer gently 35 minutes. 

When the sauce has about fifteen minutes left to simmer, heat grill and cook the pork chops 5-6 minutes per side (this can be adjusted to the thickness of the chop). Remove chops from heat and cover.

Quickly return to the sauce, place sauce in a blender, or use an immersion blender, and blend until sauce is smooth. Add the sauce back to the pan and add the reserved blackberries. Uncover pork chops and spoon the warm sauce over.

Labels: , ,