Recipe Swap: Dutch Oven Beef and Noodle Casserole

The theme for this recipe swap is one pot meals. I received Dutch Oven Beef and Noodle Casserole from Rachel of Fall In Love.  I submitted my recipe for Scalloped Potatoes and Ham- excited to see who had it! After reading the Rachel's review and the recipe ingredients it seemed to be a pretty easy meal, but I was a little bummed I didn't receive something a bit more challenging or different. As expected, the dish was a breeze to put together. I added garlic, cumin, and a little hot sauce to "beef" up the dish after reading Rachel's critiques of the original recipe.  However, I was a bit disappointed with the flavor- it fell a bit flat for me. I love the concept of the one pot meal, but I am not sure that this one will come back to the dinner table. I am excited to see what the other bloggers worked with their swap dishes!

On another note, we are moved into the new house! Feels good to finally be home!

Dutch Oven Beef and Noodle Casserole
 Whole Foods Recipes/ Fall In Love

1 pound extra lean ground beef
2 cups frozen corn
2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1 (10- to 12-ounce) package gluten free noodles
2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Directions
Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Add corn, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, cumin, hot sauce, and salt & pepper and stir well. Spread uncooked noodles evenly over the top, then sprinkle cheese over noodles. Pour the can of tomatoes, with their juice, over the cheese and noodles. Tightly cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 1 hour. Uncover pot, set aside for 5 minutes then serve.

Labels: , , , ,