Breakfast Casserole

Ron and I love eggs in the morning. I am not a big oatmeal or cereal person- I love 2 runny eggs and a slice of toast. We made this casserole for our Christmas morning breakfast (sorry a little late!) and it was wonderful. I added a few extra veggies from my original recipe and scaled it down for Ron and I. This is such an easy breakfast to put together and is a total crowd pleaser. I had it as breakfast leftovers for the following morning and it was great! I am always on the look out for savory breakfast casseroles so if you have any you would like to share I am all ears!

Ingredients
8 large/extra large eggs
4 cups Ore-Ida frozen hashbrowns
8 strips center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup diced ham
2/3 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.  In a small bowl mix bacon, ham and veggies together. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, and salt/pepper. Grease an 8X8 baking dish. Evenly layer hashbrowns into baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over hashbrowns. Add meat and veggie mixture. Evenly pour eggs over hashbrowns/meat. Top with cheese. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the middle is completely cooked*.

*You may need to alter baking time depending on how fast the middle of the casserole takes to completely set.

Labels: , , , , , ,