Recipe Swap: Baked Pike with Moroccan Vinaigrette

Time for another recipe swap! The theme for this swap is healthy dishes. I submitted my recipe for poached salmon. I loved the theme because I was hoping for a new fish dish and got one! I received a recipe for Baked Fish with Moroccan Vinaigrette from Sweet Beginnings. Sweet  Beginnings is a great blog with tons of different recipes to tantalize your taste buds. I was excited to try something new and different. I loved the simplicity of the dish, and was excited to fix my husband's fresh fish. Ron loves ice fishing, and recently caught a large norther pike waiting to be cooked up! I really like the herbs and the lemon in the vinaigrette, but next time I would add a little less red wine vinegar for a little less tang. Ron was not a fan, but he doesn't like vinaigrettes very much so I figured he would eat his fish plain- more for me! I think this would also be delicious on a salad or over steamed vegetables. Thank you for a great fresh and healthy recipe!

Ingredients

1-1/4  pounds  fresh or frozen tilapia (We used my husband's freshly caught Northern Pike)
2  tablespoons  olive oil
1/4  teaspoon  kosher or sea salt
1/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
1/2  cup  red wine vinegar
2  tablespoons  snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2  tablespoons  snipped fresh cilantro
2  tablespoons  olive oil
1  tablespoon  fresh lemon juice
1  large  shallot, minced
1  clove  garlic, minced
1/2  teaspoon  kosher or sea salt
1/2  teaspoon  paprika
1/4  teaspoon  ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/4  teaspoon  ground cumin

Instructions

Brush both sides of fish with some of the oil. Sprinkle both sides of fish with the 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.

In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, parsley, cilantro, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, red pepper, and cumin. Cover and shake well. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place fish on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until fish is opaque and flaky.

Serve fish over rice, couscous or something similar, and drizzle vinaigrette over the top.

Labels: , ,