Recipe Swap: Gluten Free S'More Bars (Part 2)

Another fun recipe from my recipe swap blogger- DeLish! As I said before, I couldn't decide between two recipes.  The previous potatoes post was awesome, but this recipe popped up a few time while I was reviewing the different recipes. I decided that I needed to make two! This recipe for S'more Bars  is really great- gooey, rich, and a sweet reminder of a summer time treat! I used a bit more flour than the original recipe called for because my batter was still a bit sticky. I think that this was because of the gluten free graham crackers, so if you make if with regular flour I would stick the suggested 1/2 cup. Also, please ignore the bite take from the corner...someone, ok, my husband and I couldn't wait!  Thank you for great recipe!

Ingredients

1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups crushed graham crackers (we used gluten free)
2/3 cup flour (we use gluten free)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Ingredients

Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease or spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan.

Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, flour, and salt. Stir the graham cracker mixture into the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla mixture. Should become one, big crumbly clump.

Press about 1/2 cup or more, if needed, of the graham cracker mix over the bottom of the greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle half (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mini marshmallows on top. Crumble, by hand, the rest of the graham cracker mix on top. Sprinkle last 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows on top and finally, sprinkle the rest (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top.

Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown.

Labels: , , ,