Pizza Muffins

Yesterday we had a get together at work and I volunteered to make a treat. This recipe was found via pinterest from Lick the Bowl Good (originally from Rachael Ray).  I have had my eyes on these babies for awhile now, but didn't want an entire batch to devour by myself in the darkness of my closet. I decided bringing them to work would be safer (I still ate two at home and one at work).  These muffins are so easy, and taste wonderful.  Ron had a little nibble at home, and was very sad because they are not gluten free.... It was probably a good thing because he would have ate them, and there would have been none for the party. I doubled the recipe, and it makes 36 mini muffins (I filled them pretty full so you may want an extra muffin tin if you don't fill to the top). I served the muffins with a bit of warm pizza sauce on the side- delicious!
Ingredients

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed pepperoni
1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through

Labels: , , ,