Pastel Deviled Eggs

This post is a little late, but I had to share the yummy appetizer Ron and I put together to bring to his parents house. I saw this idea on Pinterest, and knew that I had to try it for Easter. I used my normal deviled egg filling (normally I put paprika on top, but I didn't want it sprinkled on the colored eggs), and it turned out so cute! My nephew loved the colored eggs and gobbled up a blue egg with dinner (I am partial to the pink!). This is an adorable holiday treat that can be adapted depending on the holiday colors. I was actually thinking of a Halloween egg (Orange with black filling) and Ron made a face that looked like I told him we were going to eat beating cat hearts....maybe back to the drawing board with that one...  A wonderful treat for Easter (or Halloween!!!!!!) especially if you have little ones.


Ingredients
12 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp paprika
Food Coloring


Instructions
Remove yolks and place into a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge.

Fill four bowls 2/3 full of cold water and add food coloring. I use 4 red drops for pink, 4 drops blue for light blue, 4 drops green for light green, and 3 drops red & 3 drops red for purple. Place 6 egg halves into each bowl. Allow the eggs to soak for one hour, or until eggs are desired color.

Remove eggs from bowls and gently dry and place on a towel lined plate(s).  Remove eggs yolks from fridge and add remaining ingredients. Beat yolks with a hand mixer so they become light and fluffy. Transfer egg yolks to a plastic ziplock bag, and push mixture into the tip. Cut the tip and gently pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg halves. Wipe bottoms if there is any excess water, transfer to serving tray, and eat.

Labels: , , , ,