Mom's Quick Picnic Pasta Salad

Do you ever have a dish that brings back childhood memories? This pasta salad does that for me every time. This was something my Mom always made for family gatherings, and it was my favorite. The original recipe calls for mushrooms, but I forgot to grab them at the store so they are missing from the bowl. Ron and I had this salad with our BLT sandwiches on Tuesday. Yum! Can you believe that Ron never had a true BLT before? I am convinced he was dropped off from another planet! I guess he always had BL sandwiches because he didn't like tomatoes. Now that he is older and wiser tomatoes are now long the enemy. Hope everyone is having an awesome week! Keep you eyes peeled for the Recipe Swap tomorrow and the Crazy Cooking Challenge on Monday!


Ingredients

8oz corkscrew pasta (I used a gluten free veggie pasta)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and halved
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
1 cup Italian salad dressing (I use Kraft Light Zesty Italian)
3 Tbl sliced green onions


Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, chop peppers and slice tomatoes.  When pasta is tender remove from heat and drain. Rinse pasta with cold water. Toss noodles with peppers, tomatoes, olives, and onions. Stir in dressing, and mix in the cheese. Cover and allow the salad to rest in the fridge for at least an hour. Stir and serve.

Labels: , , , ,