Recipe Swap: Caprese Pasta Salad

Time for a new Recipe Swap! The theme for this month is BBQ/warm weather foods. I received Caprese Pasta Salad from Lishie. I was very excited about this salad because of how wonderfully simple it was, and how great that it did not have a mayo base (perfect for an outdoor bbq!) Lishie has great recipes on her blog (if you don't remember I had her blog for a swap before and made the delicious potatoes romanoff...drool). I brought this salad to may parents for Mother's Day to go along side our brats and steaks. It was perfect! The flavors are simple enough that it is a great side for any meal. The other reason I was excited about this recipe was because I had a very similar pasta dish on a very warm afternoon in Rome while vacationing with my family and friend Heather. I don't know why that meal stuck with me, but I remember it fondly, and this pasta brought back those flavor memories. Thank you for a great recipe Lishie!



Ingredients
1 lb shaped pasta of your choice (I used corkscrew), cooked and drained
1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and halved
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces
4 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper


Instructions
In a large bowl, add pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Gently stir to combine all ingredients. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve and room temperature or chilled.

Labels: , , ,