Improv Cooking Challenge: Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter

Is the July Improve Cooking Challenge here already!? I feel like I just finished baking my Cherry Almond Scones! The theme for this month is corn and butter. I decided I wanted something simple to serve along side a BBQ dish. I ultimately decided to grill the corn and toss it in cilantro lime butter sauce because I was craving a margartia (few more months to go before I can indulge in one!). I loved the flavors of the corn side dish! They are unique, but familiar and versatile at the same time. This recipe made me think of other yummy flavor combos like, shrimp & corn in old bay butter sauce or corn & tomatoes in basil butter sauce....the list goes on and on! If you are interested  in joining the Improv Cooking Challenge (it is very fun, and very easy!) visit Kristen at Frugal Antic of a Harried Homemaker.  Watch out for next month's theme: tomatoes and pepper....I sense a pasta coming on!


Ingredients

6 ears of corn
3-4 Tbl salted butter (depending on the size of the corn)
3 Tbl chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 Lime
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper
One pinch of sugar
Olive Oil


Instructions

Shuck the corn and place on a large plate. Brush the corn with olive oil prior to grilling. Heat grill the medium heat. Rotating frequently, grill corn till lightly (or moderately- depending on preference) charred. Remove corn from grill.

While the corn is cooling, add butter, cilantro, lime, and seasoning to a small pot. Melt butter and stir ingredients till incorporated. Keep heat on low and cut the corn off the cobs. Place corn into butter mixture and toss till evenly coated.

Labels: , , , ,