Recipe Swap: Black Bean Salsa

It is time for a Recipe Swap! I love participating in the swaps because finding new recipes is so much fun! The theme for this month is vegetarian recipes. I submitted a recipe for pasta with tomato-blue cheese sauce.  I received Black Bean Salsa from DoughSeeDough. I love trying different salsas in the summer time, and this salsa has tons of great ingredients (sort of reminds me of my Wisconsin Caviar). My only hesitation is was the oil and sugar. I have had similar recipes and never cared for the oily sweet sauce. I reduced the amount of sauce so that the flavor was lighter and the oil not so heavy (I also cut back on the onions- pregnancy has made me a little sensitive).  I have to say I prefer my salsa more on the spicy side to the sweet side, but I love the different textures of the beans and peppers.  DoughSeeSough has great recipes of all kinds. I really think the Apple Strusel Bars  and Slow Cooker Ribs sounds wonderful! Thank you to Sarah for putting together these wonderful swaps (check out her blog to join the fun)!



Ingredients

1/8 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can white corn, drained
3 large tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced


Instructions

Combine oil, apple cider vinegar, and sugar in a small pot over medium heat. Warm until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to combine.

Labels: , , , , , ,