SRC: Black Bean and Peach Salsa

This is my first month participating in a new challenge. The Secret Recipe Club has become very popular as far as blogging challenges go, and they have has a wait list since October. A month ago I recieved an e-mail alerting me that a spot was free. I ws very excited to participate because I love discovering new blogs and recipes. I also like to see what other people think of the dishes that I have made.

Secret Recipe Club

For this round, I recieved the blog Biking and Baking. I really enjoyed reading the different types of recipes because many of them are vegan and/or vegetarian. I came across a recipe for Black Beans and Peaches. I thought it sounded both refreshing and delicious- perfect for summer. As described, it is both strange and delicious (and I mean that in a good way!). I love the combo of the two main ingredients, and paried with a salty tortilla chip it is addictive! I think my only future modification would be the addition of a jalapeno for a little extra heat! Thank you for a great recipe!



Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
2 large ripe peaches (peeled)
1 small red onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbl cilantro
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
black pepper

Instructions

Drain beans and place in a medium mixing bowl.

Peel peaches and chop into small chunk and add to beans.

Chop onion, crush garlic and add to beans.

Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Serve as a side dish or with tortilla chips

Labels: , , , , , ,