Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet

This week has flew by! This is a pasta dish that I made last week, but did not get a chance to post until now. I really liked the flavors of the dish, and Ron was very happy with his leftovers for work. I think next time I would add a bit more bacon (we are bacon lovers) for the extra texture and flavor.

Tonight we are going to El Serape for Mexican food. I love this restaurant and can't wait, but I am not excited about the impending heartburn! Ouch! It has gotten pretty annoying over the past few weeks. A few of my friends have recommended apple cider vinegar and that seems like my next route. Anyone else have any handy tricks up their sleeves?


Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
5 sliced cooked bacon, chopped
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 1/2 Tbl cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbl ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow noodles
Salt and Pepper



Instructions

Brown beef and onions in a large rimmed skillet.

While beef is cooking cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

When beef is cooked. Add bacon, tomatoes and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, ketchup and mustard. Next, stir in the cheese and gently fold in the noodles. Season with salt and pepper.

Labels: , , ,