Cheesy Potato Casserole

I love cheesy potato casserole. Everyone has their own variation of this side dish (some better than others). Ron and I love our version because we use two types of cheese, and crunchy corn flakes. We ate these potatoes with our hot beef sandwiches and it was delicious together. This recipe makes a larger amount, but thankfully I love warming these up for a breakfast starch!

Childbirth class was great! I love meeting so many new parents that are in the same boat as we are. It is also nice (no offence) to be away for those who think they know it all and love giving unwated advice. Not to be rude but we know life is going to change (it already has started!), and I know the diapers will leak.... I think my biggest issue is the doom and gloom that some people carry when giving us advice (I am not saying everyone does this).  There are so many positive things about being a parent and I wish those could be the focus.  Our Doula reminds us that it is important to focus on the positive and that is what we aim to do.

Anyways, other than my obvious weakening patience :) things have been going very well, and we are getting so excited to meet our little guy in a few short months!

Ingredients

1 bag frozen hashbrowns
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup jack cheese, grated
1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
Salt and Pepper
2 cups corn flakes
2 Tbl butter, melted


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together besides 1/2 cup cheese, corn flakes and butter.  Season with salt and pepper.

Spread into a 9x13 casserole dish and top with cheese. Evenly layer the corn flakes and drizzles with melted butter. Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes.

Labels: , , , , ,