Crockpot Hot Beef Sandwiches

I love hot beef sandwiches. We had these at work last week, and I decided that I needed to make some at home! I did not have a recipe and asked around the office to see how others made their sandwiches. Ultimately, I used the combination below.  These sandwiches turned out fantastic. Ron and I were sad we didn't have more leftovers after the leftovers were gone! I love to add a slice of cheddar to my sandwich, but plain is also very tasty.  This is a fantastic meal for football Sunday or a family get together. Looking at the photos makes my mouth water.... maybe it will have to hit our crockpot again sometime....SOON!

In other news, all is going well with Kellen. We hired a Doula (contract in the mail!) and I so excited to work with her. The reason we decided to hire a Doula was becuse of our desire to have a natural birth and looking for someone outside the hospital that we can trust and communicate with. I am so happy we found Emily because it seems like a perfect fit for the three of us! 


Ingredients

3 lb chuck roast
1 can cream and celery soup
1 lipton onion soup packet
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/4 cup water

Buns and Slices of Sharp Cheddar for Sandwiches


Instructions

Place roast in the crockpot. In a medium bowl mix soup, water, onion packet, and pepper. Pour over roast. Cook on low for 7 hours. At 7 hours, shred meat and allow beef to cook for an additional hour.

Labels: , ,