Recipe Swap: Apple Strudel Muffins

The theme for this Recipe Swap is blogger's choice. As I have said before, I love this because it is so fun to see what other bloggers are making. I recieved Lisa's blog Tastetastic Voyage for this swap. I came across her Apple Strudel Muffins and knew I had found my recipe. Lisa also had other delicious recipes such as Root Gratin (yum!). This recipe is really easy to follow, and I used some of the modifcations from the original recipe. I also did not grate my apples, and added cinnamon applesauce for a little extra spice. I absolutly loved these muffins! The smell reminds me of apple pie and the coziness of fall. The other great thing about these muffins is that they are delicious cooled or warmed up. It makes me look forward to apple orchards and cider in the next few weeks!

Thank you Lisa for a introducing me to a new and delicious recipe! Also, thank you to Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking for all your hard work organizing the swaps!


Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 heaping tablespoons cinnamon applesauce
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup apples, chopped
For the strudel:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter


Instructions


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs till smooth. Gently fold in the apples, and gradually blend in the dry ingredients.  Spoon batter into the prepared muffin pan. 
 In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon well to avoid sinking. Once blended, cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.

Bake 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin come out clean. Cool on a wire rack, or enjoy warm!

Labels: , , ,