Crockpot BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwiches

It feels like there has been a massive amount of time between Packer games! The Pack played last Thursday and now not till tomorrow! However, since the game is not till tomorrow we are celebrating my nephew Gabriel's 4th birthday today! We also celebrated my nephew Drew's 3rd birthday yesterday. I like to think of it as double the birthday cake- double the fun...hehe. 

This is a recipe that I came up with on the fly one morning while trying to get something in the crockpot and get to work on time. I like the flavors of bbq and ranch mixed together as a dipping sauce and figured- why not in my crockpot? I really liked the flavors of this chicken (especially with the sharp cheddar on top!).  The flavors of the ranch were actually very light and worked well with the bbq sauce.  I actually had this over rice and corn for lunch the following day and it was just as delicious.

A great game day twist on bbq chicken sandwiches!


Ingredients
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 Ranch Packet (1oz.)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (I use healthy request)
1 cup water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Sliced Sharp Cheddar
Buns

Instructions
Place chicken into crock pot. In a medium bowl, mix soup, bbq, ranch, water, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the chicken. Set crockpot to low and cook 7 hours. Remove chicken, shred and return to crock pot. Allow the chicken to cook an additional 30- 1 hour. Serve on rolls with sharp cheddar.

Labels: , ,