Greek Scramble with Quick Lemoney Hollandaise Sauce

Good Morning!  Two weeks ago Ron and I were in Door County and had breakfast at a little place in Ephraim. I had a greek scramble and thought it was so yummy I needed to make it at home. Last night before our childbirth class we needed something quick, and breakfast for dinner was just the ticket! I loved the eggs with the tangy creamy hollandaise. I didn't make hollandaise the traditional way with a double boiler, but I used a quick recipe that dirties less dishes and takes less time. I apologize for the picture- it was storming here and I was having trouble finding some decent light for my photo! Hope everyone is having a lovely week! We are suppose to have frost tonight! Fall has come to Wisconsin!


Ingredients

2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
8 eggs
3 Tbl milk
Salt and White Pepper (you can use black too)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (plus a little extra for garnish)

for quick hollandaise:
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 tsp fresh lemon juice
Pinch of Cayenne pepper


Instructions

In a medium bowl beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a small sauce pan heat butter.  Add lemon juice and cayenne pepper and heat till bubbly. Slowly add to egg yolks while beating contantly. The sauce will become thick and smooth. Set aside while you make the eggs.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Saute spinach till wilted and add tomatoes. Add eggs and pull in sides till as they set.  Before the eggs are finished, stir in the feta cheese. Finish scrambling the eggs. Plate and top with hollandaise sauce and a little extra feta.

Labels: , , , , ,