Recipe Swap: Sausage Cheese Puffs

Good Morning! Another Recipe Swap has come and the theme is breakfast!


Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I have never been a cereal or piece of toast kind of gal.... I love having over easy eggs for breakfast, hasbrowns and some fruit. Yum! I was really excited about this theme and submitted my recipe for greek scramble with lemony hollandaise and I received Sausage Cheese Puffs from Cara of The Boys Made Me Do It.  I actually made these for the Packer game on Sunday and they were a big hit. I increased the amount of buttermilk to 2/3 cup because my puffs were a bit dry. These would be perfect for breakfast alongside a runny egg! Thank you Cara for the fantastic recipe- great way to start our morning!


Ingredients
1/2 pound sausage
1 1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix (I used gluten free Bisquick)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup buttermilk
Butter, melted

Ingredients
In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain grease. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add buttermilk and toss with a fork until just moistened. Scoop onto ungreased baking sheets placed 2 inches apart. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Brush with melted butter after coming out of oven and let cool.

Labels: , , , ,