Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Roast

Recently, I have been trying to use up ingredients we have in our pantry. I had a roast in the freezer and was trying to think of a new crockpot recipe. I spotted the can on Manwich and I thought it would work with a crockpot roast. I added peppers and onions for additional flavor as well. I was thinking that this would have a bbq flavor, but it really does not have the typical sweet flavor found in sloppy joe's. Ron and I both thought that this roast recipe was delicious. It was a great set it and forget it meal, and for me that is fantastic for busy days.  The picture is not so great...winter lighting and limited time are impacting my picture quality, but this recipe is delicious. If you like a little spice I recommend throwing in a jalapeno for a bite!


Ingredients

3 lb Beef Roast
1 white onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 15 oz can Sloppy Joe sauce (I used Manwich)
1 packet onion soup mix
1 cup beef stock
1 1/2 tsp black pepper


Instructions

Place roast in crockpot and season with black pepper. Layer onions and peppers on top of the roast. In a medium bowl, mix sloppy joe sauce, stock and onion soup mix. Pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve over a starch or shred and serve as a sandwich.

Labels: , ,