Slowcooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Wisconsin has hit a cold front! Brrrr...... They even had a few school closings because of the low temps. When the cold weather hits I always think of a thick soup or chili. I stumbled across this recipe for Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili on Plain Chicken (one of my favorite blogs for comfort food recipes).  This recipe is really simple and takes about 5 minutes to throw together. I increased the amount of chicken to make a little more volume for lunches. Ron and I both loved how easy and delicious this dish was, and with the Rotel the slight punch of heat!

On another note, it was easier today to leave Kellen when I headed into work. However, I still was missing him 5 minutes after pulling out of my driveway....sigh....


Ingredients

1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1/2 cup water
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
3 chicken breasts


Instructions

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, black beans and water. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Labels: , , , ,