7-Up Pork Chops

I originally spotted this recipe on A Kitchen Life of A Navy Wife's blog and thought it looked like a recipe out of the early 80's. I assume the originally recipe is older because it calls for a 12 ounce bottle of soda and not a can (I used a 20 oz bottle). This recipe literally take 5 minutes to put together....it almost makes you think it is to good to be true. This was honestly one of the best pork chops I have had in a long time. The chops came out so juicy (they were literally dripping with juices) and full of a sweet onion flavor. Ron, my sister Rachel and I gobbled these up while watching The Following last night. I love finding a simple versatile weeknight meal. We paired our chops with a blue cheese and swiss chard  risotto (I will be posting the recipe last this week) and a salad. This will most certainly be making it back to our table again.


Ingredients

6 pork chops (1 inch thick)
1 20 oz bottle of 7-Up (not diet)
1 package of onion soup mix
1 1/2 tsp black pepper


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a shallow casserole or baking dish with cooking spray and place chops in pan.

Pour 7-up over the pork chops season with black pepper, and sprinkle the onion soup packet over the chops.

Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes.

Labels: