Beergarita Chicken Tacos

I love Beergaritas. The first time I had one was at my friend Beth's bachelorette party a few years ago (they were also her signature drink at her wedding). I am not a margarita or corona person normally, but there is something about the combo in a beergarita that is delicious! I decided that the drink could be worked to make a delicious taco. This recipe came together very quickly and smelled delicious while it was cooking. Ron and I love tacos and this recipe was a winner in my book. The lime flavor is perfect with the beer and it reminded me that I need to e-mail Beth to get the recipe for that drink!


Ingredients

1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup margarita mix
1 12 oz bottle of beer (I use Corona)
1 tsp lime zest
Juice of 1 lime
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Corn Tortillas
Chopped cilantro, cheddar or pepper jack cheese, sour cream (for topping)


Instructions

Place chicken into crockpot. Mix all other ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred chicken and return to crockpot for and additional 30 minutes.

Labels: , , , ,