Recipe Swap: Crockpot Sausage, Peppers and Onions

Time for another Recipe Swap!


The theme for this swap is blogger's choice. I received Melissa's blog I was Born to Cook.  I recently made her Cannoli Cheesecake, and I was excited to receive her blog to try another yummy recipe. I browsed all of the different recipes and ultimately decided on Crockpot Sausage, Peppers and Onions. As you know, I love me a crockpot dinner and this one did not disappoint. Ron commented the next day after finishing the leftovers that he wished there was more. I followed the recipe pretty close and echo Melissa's advise- do not skip browning the sausages.

Check out Melissa's blog for more fabulous recipes! Also, big thanks to Sarah of A Taste of Homecooking for being our fearless leader and organizing our swaps.


Ingredients

3 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch chunks (I used a mix of hot and mild)
1 tsp olive oil
3 bell peppers, sliced (I used 2 green and 1 red)
2 onions, sliced
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 Tbl Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup dry white wine


Instructions

Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sausage.  Cook until brown on all sides, then add to crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low for approximately 4-5 hours.  Serve on bread or over pasta.

Labels: , , , ,