SRC: Bodacious Brownies

Hello from Key West! Happy Secret Recipe Club reveal day!

Secret Recipe Club

This month I was assigned the blog Heavenly Treats and Treasures. When I was first looking at the different recipes so many different things looked delciious, but they were very different than my usual cooking style. I wanted to find something that wa sweet and could feed a group for Ron's cribbage tournament on Saturday. I saw this recipe for Bodacious Brownies and thought it sounded perfect for my baking challenged self. I loved that I could easily make it gluten free and it used multiple types of chocolate.  I have never made brownies from scratch before, and was thrilled at how easy these were to put together. The only varation I made (besides using gluten free flour) was to make them in a 9x13 pan because I did not have a pan with the dementions described in the original recipe. I had to adjust the cooking time to 50-60 minutes because the brownies were a lot thicker. I also left out the nuts because it was afor a group of people and I was unsure of any allergies.  I have to say that these brownies absolutly live up to their name as bodacious! I absolutly loved these and womdered why it took me so long to make brownies from scratch! From what I hear they were a hit at the tournement as well. Thank you for a delicious new recipe!


Ingredients

1 pound unsalted butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate chopped
 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons real vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups flour, divided (I used Trader Joe's gluten free AP flour)
1 Tbl baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups chopped pecans (optional)


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9x13.  

Melt together the butter, chopped semisweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water).  Cool slightly.  In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar.  Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and let cool to room temperature.

In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, baking powder and salt. Gently stir  into cooled chocolate mixture. 
 In another small bowl toss together 1/4 cup flour, 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, and nuts. Add to chocolate batter, gently folding in just until combined.  Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.  Halfway through baking, rap the pan against the oven rack to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough.  Don’t overbake!  Cool thoroughly, refrigerate until cold and cut into squares. 

Labels: , , ,