Pineapple Rum Mainated Pork Chops

I love a sweet marinade on pork or chicken. I saw this recipe on Pinterest which was originally from Kitchen Confidante and thought the recipe would be fantastic. I used Bacardi in this recipe because we always have it in our house, but I think a spiced rum or coconut would work really well too. I love grilling marinades because they are so simple to put together and the flavor combinations are endless. One thing to keep in mind while these babies are sizzling away is to keep an  eye for burning because of the high sugar content of the marinade. we had a small issue with that, but the pork chops were delicious! I loved the flavors and they were especially good with the grilled pineapple rings. These pork chops are a fantastic addition to our summer grilling rotation.


Instructions

4 pork chops or chicken breasts
1/2 cup rum (I used Bacardi)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice- I like to reserve the rings and grill them to serve along side the chops
2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl lemon juice + 1 tsp zest
1 Tbl Dijon mustard
1 Tbl molasses
2 tsp grated ginger
2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2  tsp pepper


Instructions

Combine ingredients and allow meat to marinate overnight in a sealed container or bag. Remove meat from container or bag and discard the marinade. Grill meat to desired doneness. My pork chops were medium thickness and were grilled 3-4 minutes per side (this can be adjusted depending on the thickness of the chop).

Labels: , , ,