BLT Carbonara

I love carbonara and had not made it at home until recently.  I saw this recipe for BLT carbonara on Katie's blog So Tasty, So Yummy.   This year Ron and I started our own garden and have lots of delicious tomatoes. We have mad BLTs a few time, but this pasta immediately caught my eye and I couldn't wait to make it! The recipe is very simple to put together. I made a few minor changes by increasing the bacon *oink* and wine *glug*.  Ron and I both loved this pasta and practically licked our plates clean. I love that I can use some of our homegrown veggies and herbs for this dish.  

Poor Kellen is getting his front teeth and he is not a happy camper. I am hoping these sucks pop up soon so the little guy can get some relief! 


Ingredients

3 egg yolks
¼ cup heavy creamy
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Fresh chopped parsley 
1 lb bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1 lb spaghetti
3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves


Instructions

Whisk together the eggs, cream, Parmesan and parsley together in a bowl. In a large non stick pan, fry the bacon until crisp and set aside. While bacon cooks, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain all but 2 Tbl of the bacon grease; sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.

While still warm, add  pasta to the onions. Pour cream mixture into the spaghetti, and stir over low heat for one minute. Stir in the tomatoes, 1/2 the bacon and spinach and stir for an additional minute more over low heat. Top with remaining bacon and serve with additional Parmesan.

Labels: , ,