Sriracha Beef Tacos

By this time it should not be a surprise that I love me some Mexican food.  Ron and I are both taco fanatics and nothing is better than a basket of warm chips and spicy salsa.  I originally saw these tacos awhile ago on Jaida's blog, Sweet Beginnings and then on Sarah's blog A Taste of Home Cooking. Each time I saw the recipe I thought to myself, "I need to make those!".  When I finally did make them I was very pleased with the results.  The tacos are flavorful and spicy from the Sriracha, but it is not overpowering and keeps balanced from the creamy ranch dressing.  Ron declared that these were his new favorite tacos. I can't wait to put them back on our menu again!

Tonight is a crazy night for volleyball.....we play in an outdoor league in the summer and are transitioning to indoor for the falls. However, the summer league started a little late that the past two weeks have resulted in 2 games on Wednesday night. Last week we played at 6:20 and 7:00....that made for a exhausting evening. Tonight we play at 5:20 and 7:00...I am thankful for a little break in between even if it is small!  After this week we are only playing once on Wednesday...whew! 


Ingredients

1 lb lean ground sirloin
1 Tbl olive oil
 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
¼ cup water
2 Tbl chili powder
1 Tbl cumin
 4 Tbl Sriracha, divided
½  cup ranch dressing
 8-10 Taco Shells (we used corn)
 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
  2 cups shredded lettuce
Sliced Black Olives
Chopped Cilantro


Instructions

Combine ranch and 2 Tbl of Sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add garlic and onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Add beef, stir to combine, and cook until browned.  Add water, chili powder, cumin and 2 Tbsp Sriracha to sirloin mixture. Stir, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. While taco mixture finishes cooking, Warm taco shells; Spoon taco mixture into shells and top with Sriracha sauce, cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives and cilantro.

Labels: ,